Artists Online: Transitioning to Digital Marketing
Are you camera shy? Unsure how to promote your artistic brand?
Procrastinating at writing your Artist Statement?
This brand new program, funded through the Hazel McCallion Fund of the Community Foundation of Mississauga will enable artists to develop their professional stories through engaging artist introduction videos. Up to 25 artists will be selected to participate in this exciting new program.
MAC invites artists from all disciplines to apply for our Artists Online: Transitioning to Digital Marketing program. This program will enable artists to develop their professional stories through engaging artist introduction videos. Up to 25 artists will be selected to participate in this exciting opportunity.
Participants will learn film structure, script writing, and other film basics through masterclass opportunities with professional film makers. This lead up to the key component of creating engaging introduction videos, or “Artist Video Statements,” captured by a professional video producer and editor. These short videos will be vital digital marketing tools that will allow audiences to get to know the artists on a personal level and will promote and celebrate Mississauga artists.
Apply for the Artists Online Program Today!
Applications are NOW CLOSED for the Artists Online program.
This exciting program will run through September and October 2021. (Dates TBD and Timeline Subject to Change)
- August 2021: Applications Close and Artists Selected to Participate.
- September 2021: Virtual Masterclasses & Professional Development Opportunities, Script Development & Creative Concept Development for Artist’s Videos.
- October 2021: Dress Rehearsal at MAC’s Green-Screen Studio, with Script Guidance from MAC’s Executive Director, Mike Douglas. Filming of Artist Intro/Statement Videos. Video Editing and Production (by professional video editors).
- November 2021: Publication of Videos on Martys HUB, and other virtual platforms.
MAC’s virtual masterclasses will provide you with everything you need to know to:
- Write a great artist statement
- Adapt your artist statement to a film script
- Learn the basics of film production techniques
- Be the star of your very own artist statement video
- Provide productive feedback during the editing process
There is no cost to participate in this program, and each participant will receive:
- Up to 4 hours of virtual professional development workshops
- Educational resources
- Connection with other participants and networking opportunities
- Dress rehearsal at MAC’s Green Screen Studio with script and performance notes from MAC staff
- Private filming session at MAC’s Green Screen Studio
- An edited artist statement video for your social media channels
- Promotion of your video on MAC’s new Martys HUB website.